Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ragging days

The next day I see my roomies shocked at the volume I snore. Poor luck guys, now you have to handle this for the whole year.

Next day is just introduction in class. The very first person I see looks like big uncle like personality, Sreedhar. Then we are introduced to the staff, and rules. We are given rolls, and I am 99121A1260, explained as 99-year of joining, 121A-college code, 12-branch code, 60-my roll, the last one in the class of 60.

From that day starts the ragging. Moving everywhere in line, doing tuck in, nothing in the shirt pocket and the ‘engineering salute’. I knew few of my seniors before, Vijaya Bhaskar and Venkata Ramana are my seniors in APRJC too, Harsha is my brothers friend in Rajampet and Suresh is my friends brother. Though I am not meeting them too often, it is a feel good factor.

Mastan, Satya, Pankaj, Lambu are few among the famous raggers. Writing pages of notes, records, drinking lots of cup curds, the famous engineering salute etc etc made it the best start one can have in college. They play the best part in getting us closer to each other.

One thing in ragging I remember that made the hostel-mates close is the assignment of ranking girls. All the ITians in hostel discussed on roof of hostel and ranked as – 1: Lakshmi Priya unanimously, Rajeev wanted Sangeetha to be second and the next rankings were Swathi for her dressing sense, Latha, Deepa… though not in that order.

Few more most important characters are my best friend Babloo, Prakash, Rajeev, Kishore, Santhosh, Rohit to name a few. Babloo aka Vivek is my best friend from childhood and now again we are in same college for engineering. Prakash is my neighbor in childhood and neither he nor me remember this. Other characters keep coming in the story ahead.

No comments: