Friday, October 5, 2007

Day 1

I don’t even remember how the days went by after the counseling. Each of my friends promised to visit me in college because the college is by a film star Dr. Mohan Babu. I was already ready with my luggage packed for the first day of admission in college, 20-12-1999. My mom and my dad accompanying me.

From Cuddapah to Tirpuathi is the first bus and then from Tirupathi to Piler is the next. I have to get down at A.Rangampett, marrimanu is the bus stop specified. In this bus I saw a girl with a college bag and parents, and its understood that she too was for admission. Later I see, she has joined in my branch, and her name is Latha. And soon the bus has many people with baggage ready to join the college.

Joining in hostel, signing the documents and paying fee was the first day task. Huge hostel fee and a receipt less building fund from all.

Room 814, NBH. That’s where I am going to stay now. New Boys Hostel, the hostel out of the remaining campus. By the time I entered the room, two members were already in, in the room for four. Praveen, CSE from Nellore and Sreekanth, ECS from Hyderabad. Because my father got transferred to Hyderabad, I too claim to be from Hyderabad. We had a pretty good introduction and we were very soon good friends. My parents have left now for the Lord Venkateshwara darshanam and there to home.

Later in the evening the entered the main hero, Venu Madhav, EEE from Nellore. Looks very decent in the way he stood or talked with his father. But am sure he is not the same once his father leaves. And am absolutely right. Later you will see that he has become life of our room and batch. At the end, the same was known as Tendulkar, not because of his batting talent, but because of his ‘ten’ back logs.

We had fun introducing each other. Ravi Kiran, excited to be in CSIT started introducing me to all ITians he met. Janardhan is the first one he took me to. Then Sateesh, Gopi and others. Rajeev came to each room taking names of all people and their locality, as a part of ragging assignment.

What a wonderful day, a day of our career launch pad.

No comments: